Monday, November 3, 2014

LOVIN' YOU WAS RED!


*Yes the title of this blog is a reference to a Taylor Swift song and I'm totally not ashamed.*

A couple weeks ago I had a client ask me to turn her blonde clip in extensions RED (now you get the reference right?!)  to match her new hair color. She told me the color she used was a red-ish brown and hopefully that would help me match the color for her extensions. Sounds easy right? WRONG! Here's why...

  • A lot of people don't know that even if it's been months (or even years) since they colored their hair there is STILL color on it.  This causes the next time you dye your hair to be a very unique color. *An exception to this is if you stopped coloring your hair, grew out your hair to a decent length, and chopped off everything that had ever been colored*
  • Everyone has their own idea of what color means to them. Red-ish brown to me is a golden or warm brunette while to others it may be more of a sunset red. This is when pictures come in handy! I highly recommend bringing pictures to your appointments to ensure you get the exact color you want.
  • Different color lines give very different results. A red/brown in one line will look very different from a red/brown in another line making it hard to match colors exactly when trying to match other peoples work or box color.
  • Extensions take color very differently than a persons real hair.
After writing my list of cons and feeling like it was nearly impossible to do, I accepted the challenge...er I mean took the appointment. ;)

I only had a picture of the girl from FB to work with so I rummaged through my stash of color and mixed up an interesting looking bowl of dye! This is what it looked like..


I tested it out on a small strand of the extensions and was AMAZED at the results....It matched almost dang near perfect! I tweaked the formula a bit and then colored the rest of the extensions. I could not have been more pleased with the way they turned out. Check out this before and after picture..
 Here are also a couple pictures of the extensions in different lighting...

And here is a side by side of the FB picture I had and the extensions...

She was very pleased with the results and said they matched great! 

 Color is tricky and it has taken me a while to be able to eyeball things like this and be able to make colors turn out exactly how I want. If you're wanting a color that's out of the ordinary or can't get the results you want email me and lets set up an appointment and make you BEAUTIFUL!

Xx


 photo SierraSIG_zpsf25d1fac.png

No comments:

Post a Comment