Friday, November 14, 2014

Lovely in London

I've been in London the past week and it has been a BLAST!! I've strolled the streets of crouchend, rode the tube all over the city, strolled across the tower bridge, visited the queen at buckingham palace(wink wink), and ate some of the finest cheesecake & crepes on the planet. This is pure bliss. I've also walked around in the rain A LOT!! This means the beautiful curls and flowing straight hair I imagined in our pictures was definitely a no go. So instead my "go to" has been a braid! With the humidity and the rain it's been a perfect vaca style.

 I decided that when on vacation my hair will not do ANYTHING it normally does. I try and try to do different styles, but in the end my hair ends up in a braid or a bun. I decided to play it up a little this time and invest in some cute headbands, beanies, and hats. I also switched up my braids everyday too. A tight classic braid looked great in a high pony with my Lemons and lace head band and the next day I went with a clean fishtail braid and my wide brimmed sun hat from Called to Surf. The last braid I chose to do was a loose side braid and a beanie from H&M. I ended my braid higher up to give it a different look as well. I've had a lot of fun trying out different braided looks this trip and can't wait to get back home and try out some more elaborate styles! Braids are easy, yet still classy and when you add some cute accents like hats and headbands you can make it look even more put together. Next time you have a lazy day or don't know what to do with your hair try out one of these braids and put your own twist on it! 

High pony braid with my lemons and lace head band while strolling through crouchend London. *Head over to Lemons and Lace Instagram @lemonsandlace or website lemonsandlace.com and check out their other cute headbands. Mention Sierra's Beauties sent you over!*

Fishtail braid and my cute sun hat from Called to Surf at the London Eye! *You can also find Called to Surf on Instagram @calledtosurf or calledtosurf.com* 

Loose messy braid with my husbands H&M beanie at the London Tower! (Yeah I steal his stuff a lot) 

I would love to see your braided styles and feature some on my blog!! Send them over to sierrasbeauties@gmail.com 

Xx 
 photo SierraSIG_zpsf25d1fac.png




No comments:

Post a Comment