Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Blonde Babes

I absolutely love blondes and I've been one almost my whole life. But I have noticed that a lot of blondes have the most damaged hair! Stereotypically Blondes tend to have the driest and most fried ends! Because of my experience with damaged blonde hair and not wanting that stereotype anymore I've compiled a list of tips and tricks for getting and keeping blonde hair looking sensational and healthy! So today I'm going to share them with all of you! Enjoy!! 

1. FIND A STYLIST THAT SPECIALIZES IN BLONDES: Many stylist have that one color or cut that they are just bomb at, and anything other than that one style just doesn't turn out well. You must remember this when getting your blonde done. It's easy to slap on an all over color on someone's head, but knowing where to place foils and how thick the weave needs to be is a whole other art in itself. Find someone who has done a lot of blondes and look at their portfolios to see if their work is similar to what you're wanting. Don't be afraid to ask a stylist if she has a lot of experience doing blondes or to ask the salon to set you up with someone that specializes in blondes. You'll thank me later for this piece of advice! If someone isn't great at blondes that could mean the difference between damaged hair or a nice pretty blonde! You also need to be patient when going blonde. Especially if you're really dark to begin with. You want your hair healthy and pretty not fried! It's better to go in a few times or wait a few weeks in between colors to reach the color you're wanting rather than damaging your hair to get it done in one day! 

2. COMMUNICATE WHAT YOU WANT: Blonde is such a vague term. If you type in blonde to google you will get a million different pictures come up and hardly any will look the same color. This is why I always bring pictures to my appointments and encourage my clients to do the same. If you have a picture of exactly what you want it will be pretty hard for the stylist to get it wrong. Also talk to your stylist about your hair. If there are certain parts that don't take color well or that never get colored and you want it colored make sure the stylist knows. Another thing I always ask my clients is if they pull their hair up in pony tail a lot because that will change the placement of my foils. It's the little things we forget to ask about or tell that really affects the end results! I've always said the Number one key to loving your color every time is communication between you and the stylist! Don't forget that! 

3. TAKE CARE OF YOUR HAIR: like I said before Blonde is one of the most damaging colors, but it doesn't mean you have to have damaged hair. I used to be one of those damaged hair blondes but not anymore! Let me share my secrets with you! I take a lot of vitamins! My favorites are prenatal pills, biotin, and fish oil. I just buy the cheap no name brands at target and they work great. I tried the real expensive brands like hairfinity and it works hair skin and nails but the target ones worked just as good or better for me so I decided to save money and just get those! I've noticed a huge change in the health of my hair since taking them though and suggest you take vitamins right away if you don't already! I also try to minimize the usage of heat on my hair! Chances are if you straighten or curl your hair everyday you're going to have pretty fried ends. Try out some new hair styles like braids or buns instead of breaking out the straightener! But be careful when pulling your hair up a lot because your pony tail will break your hair. Try using scrunchies (so 80's I know but they don't damage your hair) or find similar hair bands that will keep the elastic off your hair. Another trick I use to keep my hair healthy is I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week and before you say Ew hear me out. If your hair gets greasy after one day it's probably because you wash it every other day or even everyday. When you wash your hair you are stripping it of its natural oils. So that means when you wash it that often it makes your hair overproduce those oils to try and compensate. It will take you a couple weeks to train your hair to not get oily so fast but it's worth it! You're hair will be healthier I promise! On those days it just gets too greasy though I like to use a dry shampoo or baby powder! My favorite dry shampoo is Bed Heads Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo. You can get it online or email me and order it directly from me and get 10% off until the end of December! Make sure you rub it in really good though so you don't have a white scalp! Now this brings me to my next tip...

4. USE GOOD SHAMPOO & CONDIONTER: Now I know Suave says they are salon approved, but to be blunt it's crap. If you want you're hair to be healthy and nice you have to use good product! I cannot stress this enough and it goes for any hair color!! Buy your shampoo and conditoner from your salon or ask your stylist to get you some from the beauty store! Trust me it's worth it to spend a little extra money to get good stuff! There are tons of different brands out there and they have many that are specifically for blondes! Try out a few different brands, but get the small bottles before you commit to one and get the huge bottles! 
Personally my favorite brand is Colorproof! I use the "Super Rich Moisture" Shampoo and Conditoner but they have all different kinds to suit everyone's different hair needs. You can order yours at colorproof.com or email me and order it directly through me  and get 10% off any colorproof product until the end of December. 

5. BALANCE YOUR PRODUCT USE: it's good to use product in your hair, but not too much. When you have a lot of product build up in your hair (especially when you're only washing a few times a week) when you take a brush through it your ends will just start breaking off. This is especially true with hairspray! I try to keep it simple and not go too crazy with product, but I definitely have a few favorite products I use almost everyday on my hair! 
•"It's a 10" -I love this stuff! It's a heat protect, leave in Conditioner, detangler, and the list goes on!! I use it every time I wash my hair! I only use about five or less squirts though and it gets the job done! 
•"MoroccanOil Treatment"- I took this straight from their website because it explains this stuff so well. "This treatment for hair completely transforms and repairs as its formula transports lost proteins for strength; fatty acids, omega-3 oils and vitamins for shine; and antioxidants for protection. It absorbs instantly to fill gaps in hair created by heat, styling and environmental damage." I use this every other time I wash my hair or when I feel my hair is especially dry! 
•"Osis+ Dust it by Schwarzkopf" - if you're in need of volume this stuff is for you!! It's so awesome to give you that body you need! You only need a tiny bit though!! A little goes a long way! 
•"Platinum Blow Dry Spray by Kenra"- this stuff is heaven in a bottle! It decreases blow-dry time which is awesome because who likes to sit and spend forever blow drying their hair? It also has a heat protection in it and helps detangle, smoothe, and soften your hair! It also Eliminates frizz and resists humidity! Not to mention it smells lovely! I use this every time before I blow dry my hair! 
You can find all of these products online or email me and order it directly from me and get 10% off everything listed above until the end of December! 

Now that I'm done giving you my tips and tricks to keeping your blonde hair looking awesome and healthy let's take a look at a few of my blonde babes!  

Tonya: 

Sheena: 

Nesha: 

Mandy: 

Lindsay:

Xx 
 photo SierraSIG_zpsf25d1fac.png
Lo




No comments:

Post a Comment