Wednesday, November 5, 2014

High School Beauties

You couldn't pay me to go back to high school, BUT I will admit I do miss dances! There's just something about buying a pretty dress, getting your hair and makeup done, and being fancy for a night that is simply magical and I absolutely love it! Okay I know it's not ALWAYS like that though. I've had my fair share of dance-Zilla moments (is that even a thing?) so I came up with some tips to make dances a breeze! 

•HAVE PICTURES OF WHAT YOU WANT: a high school dance isn't as big as a wedding so no need for a trial run (unless you absolutely want one) but do bring pictures to your appointment. Even though it's not THE big day you still want to be beautiful so make sure your stylist knows exactly what you want. Communication is key to getting the perfect cut, color, or style anywhere you go! 
•DONT BE AFRAID TO SAY "I DONT LIKE IT": I learned this one the hard way. I had my makeup done for prom and thought I had done everything right. I brought in a picture, I told the lady exactly what I wanted, and picked out the colors. But even then we still weren't on the same page. It was awful. I wanted a smoky eye and got bright blue glitter clear past my eyebrows!! I felt too bad to say anything though and now, still to this day, I hate those prom pictures! DONT BE ME (in this situation.) You are paying someone to make you beautiful and if you don't feel amazing you make sure they change it! 
•THINK ABOUT THE TIME: this tip is a combination of a couple things so first be on time!! Most stylist have their schedules booked right down to the last minute and you being late could throw them way off! Sometimes there are things out of your control though so at least call and let them know you will be late! The Second part of this tip is ask how long the service will take. You'll want to book it at a time that will give you time to get home, get your dress on, and anything else you need to do before your date comes. I've had girls come to get their hair done 30 minutes before their date was supposed to pick them up and we simply did not have enough time! So make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get everything done. 
•DONT FREAK OUT: I've had to remind myself many times that it's just a dance. The more calm and flexible you are during the day the better your day will go! 

Now Before I post all the pictures of my high school beauties I wanted to make sure everyone knows this is my gorgeous sister! I had to single her out because she is so awesome and I love doing her hair! She's also patient with my creativity skills...sometimes ;) 

Now check out my other cute girls! If you have any questions or want to see a tutorial on any styles please email me!! 

Hannah:

Maddie:

Chelsie: 

Mikayla:

Lexi:

Allie:

Addie:


Xx 
 photo SierraSIG_zpsf25d1fac.png








No comments:

Post a Comment